Arc Machines Inc. (AMI) has been an industry leader in orbital welding solutions for decades, providing solutions such as orbital weld heads (open or close), power supplies, and accessories for high-quality welding applications. For sanitary welding, AMI offers a range of closed weld head options that can accompany an orbital GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) system to ensure clean fusion welds.
Model 8 Series Weld Head: These weld heads are designed specifically for performing welds on thin-walled pipes, tubes, or fittings and support welding for the following range of dimensions:
||0.25 in (6 mm) to 6.625 in (168 mm)
||Up to 0.160 in (4mm)
Model 8 weld heads offer the following features:
- The narrow width of the weld head supports welding on applications with restricted clearance.
- A two-sided flexible clamping mechanism supports precision welding in varying diameter ranges.
- The unique water-cooling feature supports heavy wall or high duty cycle welding.
- Wide extension cable range allows for flexibility.
Model 9 Series Weld Head: These weld heads facilitate GTAW welding for any type of cylindrical fitting, such as pipes, tubes, or fittings and accommodate the following dimension ranges:
||3/32 in (2.3 mm) to 7.5 in (190.5 mm)
||0.01 in (0.25 mm) to 0.16 in (4 mm)
Model 9 weld heads offer the following features:
- A two-sided clamping mechanism eliminates the need for tacking as the weld heads hold the component in proper alignment.
- The viewing window offers the opportunity for verifying the weld.
- Availability of water-cooling options for cables and weld head components supports increased duty cycle welding.
The Model 9 weld heads also include Model 9 CT Series Weld Head and Model 9E Weld Head series with the following range of features:
||Model 9E Series
||Model 9 CT Series
||0.25 in (6.3 mm) to 6.625 in (168.3 mm)
||0.093 in (2.3 mm) to 1.50 in (38.1 mm)
- Off-set electrode fusion
- Single-sided clamping and gas seals
- Removable cassette module for clamping and alignment
- 360-degree visibility of the weld